Is Renting an Industrial Shredder Worth It?
Renting an industrial shredder may seem like the perfect option at first glance. If you have large volumes of paperwork that needs to be destroyed, a single page office shredder simply will not do, and a DC rental can be much more cost-effective than a purchase if you won’t be using the machine daily.
However, industrial shredders are far too large to fit through an office door and create a monstrous mess of paper confetti bits for you to clean up. Additionally, these heavy-duty, industrial-grade machines are incredibly expensive, and just renting one can be quite costly.
An industrial shredder rental includes a flat rental fee, which can be steep, plus you will need to pay an employee (possibly for multiple days) to sit there and continually feed the documents one by one into the shredder. It can become quite pricey when accounting for the cost of the rental, the cost of paying your employee, and, if you divert an existing employee to do the shredding, the cost of losing the work that employee should be doing for your company.
Instead, Washington Document Shredding has not just one, but several easy and cost-efficient alternatives to making the costly investment of renting an industrial shredder. Here, we explore other shredding options, including convenient mobile shredding, cost-efficient offsite shredding, or even community-friendly shredding events.
Hiring a Mobile Industrial Shredding Service
Instead of renting a stand-alone industrial paper shredder, at Washington Document Shredding our mobile shredders are built into commercial box trucks, which run off the power of the diesel engine that drives them.
Combining the power of an industrial shredder with the mobility of a truck, we have the capability to drive directly to your address, shredding your documents in the truck right there as you watch for peace of mind. This mobility also allows us to pick up your documents and transport them for shredding along with thousands of other documents at one of our secure offsite shredding locations.
The mobile shredding process is easy:
- Simply submit a free quote request by either filling out the form to your left or giving Washington Document Shredding a call at (703) 962-7875. You’ll be speaking to one of our shredding experts.
- Shredding bins will be brought to your home or office location so you can securely store documents to be picked up later.
- Overtime you fill up the bins with the paperwork you need to shred, and when they’re full, contact you shredding provider to set up a time to come shred your documents.
- Trucks arrive on site equipped with an industrial shredder built-in to their trucks to turn shred your paper and mix it in with tons of other shredded paper bits for even greater security. You can watch the entire shredding process to ensure everything is destroyed. Shredding professionals never come in physical or visual contact with your documents.
- Once your shredding is complete, you are given a formal certificate of destruction as proof of when and where your shredding was done. This certificate guarantees that your shredding was compliant with all FACTA and HIPAA regulations.
In addition to industrial shredder trucks providing mobile shredding services, we offer several other shredding alternatives so you can make sure your sensitive information is properly destroyed.
Cost-Efficient Offsite Shredding Services
If you still need to shred and dispose of your documents with the speed of an industrial shredder but the cost of renting one in Washington is too high, you may consider our off site shredding services. Similar to mobile shredding services, industrial shredding trucks to come to you. The same locked shred bins are used as in mobile shredding service, but in this case, contractors pick up the boxes and transport them to a secure offsite shredding facility.
For large-scale shredding projects which require an industrial sized shredder, off site shredding services are the most cost-effective option in DC because the only time spent at your location is used to gather your bins and load them onto the trucks. Instead of renting a shredder or having a shredding service come on site to destroy your documents, you only pay for the cost of the trip to your location for pickup, making it a much cheaper option.
Get Free, No-Obligation Quotes on Affordable Alternatives to Industrial Shredder Rentals!
Document shredding is an essential part of any secure DC business practice, but there is no need to pay to rent an industrial shredder and still have to do all the work yourself. At Washington Document Shredding, we specialize in making your shredding process streamlined and cost-effective. With a wide range of convenient shredding service options to choose from, we’re confident we can help you avoid the unnecessary cost and difficulty of renting an industrial shredder.
To get started with any of the shredding services we offer, just give us a call at (703) 962-7875, or simply fill out the form to your left to request free quotes on alternative shredding services today!